If convicted of a DUI, it can significantly alter your life, from serious fines and jail to possible job loss.
If you have been arrested on suspicion of DUI, you need assistance in defending yourself. Many people believe they can handle a DUI or DWI charge on their own. At the Law Office Of Kirk Lewis, PLLC, we highly recommend you seek legal assistance.
The experienced and knowledgeable attorneys at the Law Office Of Kirk Lewis, PLLC, understand the complexity of DUI laws and know how to navigate the legal system.
According to the state’s website on DUI, the state of Arizona prohibits driving under any of the following circumstances:
- Any combination of liquor, drugs or vapor releasing substances if the person is impaired to the slightest degree.
- An Alcohol concentration of 0.08 or more within 2 hours of driving.
- If the Vehicle is a Commercial motor vehicle that requires a commercial driver’s license and the operator has an alcohol concentration of 0.04 or above.
- For a driver under the age of 21 years to operate or be in actual physical control of a motor vehicle while there is any spirituous liquor in the driver’s body.
- A person driving with any illegal drug or the metabolite of any illegal drug in their body.
Like many other states, being convicted of a DUI in Arizona is a Misdemeanor Criminal Conviction. If you are convicted of a drunk driving offense in Arizona, you can face penalties such as jail time, fines and expensive Arizona insurance requirements.
It’s also important to know that if your blood alcohol is 0.15 or higher within two hours of driving or actually being in control of a vehicle that is considered Arizona Extreme DUI and if a person is convicted of Arizona Extreme DUI, you face a criminal misdemeanor with even more mandatory jail time.
If you have been accused of DUI, please give us a call for a free initial consultation. We will review your case and help devise a defense that will work for you. We look at each case on an individual basis.
Don’t let a DUI alter the course of your life. Let the experienced and knowledgeable attorneys at the Law Office Of Kirk Lewis, PLLC, assist you in your defense.